Religious Education News…
We are grateful for the opportunity to assist in the faith formation of Our Lady of Ransom Religious Education students.
As we move through 2nd semester we continue to prepare for the Sacraments of First Communion and Confirmation!
First Communion retreat is February 24th, Saturday starting at 2:00. A parent or guardian needs to attend with their child. From 2:00 to 3:30 family centered activities, at 3:30 a mandatory Parent Meeting followed by the Enrollment Mass at 5:00. First Communion rehearsal is May 1st, Tuesday at 7:00. First Communion Mass is May 5th, Saturday at 1:00.
Confirmation rehearsal is April 12th, Thursday at St. Philip – 1962 Old Willow Rd. Northfield. Confirmation Liturgy is April 15th, Sunday at 3:00 at St. Philip.
We continue to provide opportunities for parents:
- First grade parent gathering in early January.
- LEAD program – Leading Efforts Against Drugs in late January
- Lenten programs every Tuesday during Lent from 7:00 to 8:00 making it convenient for parents to attend while their children are in Religious Ed. A brief summary with more details to follow:
- February 14th, Ash Wednesday
- Tuesday, February 20th, NO Religious Ed classes but “Living a Virtuous Life” presentation.
- Tuesday, February 27th, Religious Ed resumes, Taize Prayer Service, a time of music, prayer, and reflection. This video gives you a sampling of a Taize service. https://youtu.be/zasyz-tJkOg
- Tuesday, March 6th, Family Reconciliation
- Tuesday, March 13th, Words about Prayer
- Tuesday, March 20th, The Living Stations by 8th grade students
- Every Wednesday during Lent, Mass is offered at 6:30 followed by the Stations of the Cross at 7:00.
- Interested in MOMS and/or Babies & Tots gatherings, contact Connie Mottley